7 Days a week 10:00 AM till 12:30 AM Guaranteed!

History

History of Gallopers Sports Club

Gallopers Sports Club is located on land that has housed Hamilton Bowls Club since 1928.  The land was owned by Queensland Turf Club throughout this period.

On 1 July 2009, The Brisbane Racing Club (BRC) was formed as a result of the merger between the Queensland Turf Club (QTC) and Brisbane Turf Club (BTC). Shortly after this time, the Brisbane Racing Club purchased the business and following a major refurbishment commencing in late 2011, the club re-opened as Gallopers Sports Club in April 2012.

The refurbishment was supported by a generous financial contribution by Queensland Bookmakers’ Club (QBC) and the transfer of their gaming machine entitlements. Today, the modern, spacious facilities, including a bistro, bar, TAB alcove and 91 gaming machines continue to be used by members of the Hamilton Bowls Club, QBC and BRC, along with over 5,000 social members.